Tips to Buy or Sell your Home with Ease
Whether you are searching for a starter home, your dream home or downsizing, buying and selling houses is no simple task. Finding the correct realtor is key in both buying and selling homes. There are dozens of steps in both processes making them nearly impossible to handle on your own. There are multiple ways you can make the buying or selling of your next home simpler, here are a few of the top tips to consider in your next purchase or sale!
When Selling a Home
- Stay one Step Ahead: Before you put your home on the market, make sure you are doing your due diligence. Check for any large or costly repairs that may need to be done (such as a roof) as this will detour buyers. Once you have any big projects completed you have a better chance of selling your home in a timelier manner.
- Photo Craze: It is a proven fact, that we are drawn to photos. The same goes for real estate. When selling your home, be sure to invest in getting professional photos taken and posting multiple photos in your listing through your real estate agent. More attraction is drawn to your listing if there are multiple photos making your home more desirable.
- Time to Upgrade: If you are considering an open house, it is highly recommended to remove personal items and make your home look like a beautifully staged model home instead of a lived-in home. Get rid of any clutter around the house and ensure the home looks as presentable as possible at all times of the day for any potential buyers who would like to set up a tour. An easy trick that makes a large impact is to be sure your closets aren’t over-stuffed but are rather organized and have space to spare. This allows buyers to see a larger looking closet and visualize how their life could fit into the home.
When Buying a Home
- First Step: One of the first steps to take when buying a home is getting a pre-approval letter. A pre-approval letter will help you determine your price range (see tip 2) as well as help your real estate agent begin to search for homes that reflect the amount stated on the pre-approval letter.
- Price Range: The second step in buying a home seems simple but is often overlooked, even after you’ve been pre-approved for your loan, be sure to set a price range that is realistic and reasonable for your family. There are multiple different mortgage calculators that can help you set a budget.
- Turn Their Eyes: When buying a home one way that many homebuyers lose a property is due to being outbid. This doesn’t always mean that a larger offer was made, but more than likely there was a cash offer or a large down payment. Start saving and be competitive when making your offers!
Even with these tips, the biggest help you will have in the home buying or selling process is to have a great real estate agent who will be there with you every step of the way. Take a deep breath, trust your agent and enjoy your next buying or selling experience!
Thank you to our guest post this month from Joe Hayden Realtor